In order to provide our Customers with software developed to their specific requirements, and to allow us to adapt to our customers’ changing needs throughout the development process, we operate an Agile Development Process.
In terms of the Mars Product Suite, this allows us to remain responsive to our Clients’ sometimes complex business processes as well as allowing us to roll out a regular program of updates as software development progresses.
The Agile Manifesto
We are uncovering better ways of developing software by doing it and helping others do it. Through this work we have come to value:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
That is, while there is value in the items on the right, we value the items on the left more.
The Agile Manifesto is based on 12 principles:
- Customer satisfaction by rapid delivery of useful software
- Welcome changing requirements, even late in development
- Working software is delivered frequently (weeks rather than months)
- Close, daily cooperation between business people and developers
- Projects are built around motivated individuals, who should be trusted
- Face-to-face conversation is the best form of communication (co-location)
- Working software is the principal measure of progress
- Sustainable development, able to maintain a constant pace
- Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design
- Simplicity - the art of maximizing the amount of work not done - is essential
- Self-organising teams
- Regular adaptation to changing circumstance